The National Organic Program (NOP) is pleased to launch Microlearning on the Organic Integrity Learning Center. This new format is designed for quick, on-the-job learning. Each microlearning covers one topic, includes an ungraded knowledge check, and can be completed in 10-15 minutes.
Microlearning is great for all organic stakeholders. You can use microlearning to understand the public comment process, review the ins and outs of adverse actions, learn critical inspection skills and more. New topics are added frequently!
Current microlearning topics:
- Writing an Effective Public Comment
- Introduction to the National Organic Standards Board
- Noncompliance and Adverse Action Process
- 3 Options for Resolving an Adverse Action
- When to Use Combined Notices
- Conducting the Annual Program Review
- Conducting a Mass Balance Audit
- Documenting a Trace-Back Audit
To access Microlearning, register for the National Organic Program Microlearning course in the Organic Integrity Learning Center. This course contains a library of all microlearning pages. Navigate to a microlearning by selecting a topic on the left side of the screen.
Self-Enrolling in Learning Center Courses
How to Register for a Course
Once logged into the USDA AMS National Organic Program, Organic Integrity Learning Center, signing up for a course is like buying a product at an online store, but all training is free.
To register for an NOP course in the Organic Integrity Learning Center, follow these steps:
- Click on Register for Course in the menu.
- Available courses in the program will appear.
- Click the green Register button for each desired course.
- The green button will change to a blue button that says, Added to Cart.
- You will see a shopping cart with the number of courses selected.
- Click the link that says Proceed to Checkout.
Note: The tuition is $0 – All training in the Learning Center is free!
- A list of the courses you selected will appear. To confirm enrollment, select the green Confirm button.
- Go to your Dashboard to launch the course.
- Click on the course title from the list of Active Courses.
Need more? Access more detailed instructions with screen shots
- Once you have completed a course, it will appear under the list of Completed Courses.
- To access all completed course content, register for the National Organic Program Training Archive course to review (read-only) material from all OILC courses.