Below are the forms required to certify organic livestock. Please read each one carefully.
Note: If you intend to certify an organic dairy herd, please contact the MCS office and ask to speak with a Dairy Specialist. We will send the forms you need after we discuss the requirements and the different ways to achieve a certified organic dairy herd.
- Producer Information
- Livestock Supplement Use this form if you are certifying ruminant slaughter stock including beef, sheep, or goats.
- Non-Ruminant Livestock Supplement Use this form if you are certifying slaughter stock such as pigs or rabbits. Management of these species do not require compliance with the organic pasture standard, which makes for a shorter form.
- Poultry Supplement Use this form for certifying birds – chickens, ducks, geese, turkey – for meat and eggs.
- Dairy Supplement–Please call 568-6030 or email email@example.com.
- Farm Plan Most livestock operations will also need to complete an organic farm plan because they grow livestock feed and/or manage crop land for pasture or forage. If you are certifying other crops such as vegetables you may have already downloaded this from. You only need to complete it once. Be sure you also consider how you manage pasture, hay land and grain crops when you complete this form.
- Animal List
- Crop List
- Material List
- Field History Form
- Landowner Affidavit
- Organic Producer Endorsement
- Applicant Fees Form
- Explanation of Cost Share Programs
Please be sure to also read our guidance documents, all of which are located in our Practice Manual, which you can read online or download. If you prefer, you can receive a paper copy in the mail, plus any forms you may need. Call 568-6030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email a PDF of your application to: email@example.com or you may mail your paper application to: MOFGA Certification, PO Box 170, Unity, ME 04988. Fees and a completed fee sheet must accompany your application.
Fees can be mailed in (checks payable to MOFGA Certification) or you can pay through our secure online portal.
If your livestock operation involves the growing of crops (hay, corn etc.) please be aware that we cannot issue a certificate for a crop after it is harvested. In these cases the application deadline will be the same as for crops applications – June 1, 2021.
Thank you for choosing MOFGA Certification Services.